Tuesday, January 27, 2015

week 16: Blue Berries for Sal

Reading:
This week for school we read Blue Berries for Sal.  The book is illustrated in Blue.  That means the pictures where all blue. The book is fiction meaning it's made up.   

Math:
For math we counted blue berries,  I had 19 blue berries.  I'm still practicing writing numbers 1-40  My mom will say a number and then I'll write it.

Science:
This week in science I learned about bears.  In the book Blue Berry's for Sal, Sal and her mother pick blue berries and meet a mama bear and her cub.  We made a chart listing the fiction and non fiction parts about bears from the book.  The fiction list includes:  bears can talk, a bear obeys its mother, bears know things in the same way people know things.  The non-fiction part: Bears eat fruit, bears eat a lot to prepare for winter, mother bears protect their cubs, bears are large and furry with 4 legs, 2 round ears and a great since of smell.

Social Studies:
This week we looked for clues in the story to see if it happened a long time ago or if it happen recently.  I thought it happened recently because I go blue berry picking with my family every year, but then we noticed the oven in the picture looked old, and their car was old.  So I guess it happened a long time ago.

Fine and performing Arts:
we used blue berries to die a white piece of clothe

No comments:

Post a Comment