Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 15: The Christmas Wish



Reading:
This week we learned about Christmas.  We read the book The Christmas Wish.  The book is about a girl who wants to go to the North Pole to visit Santa.  Before she sets off on her adventure she helps her neighbors and then a little red bird tells her where to go to get to the North Pole.  A bird, a horse, A musk ox, polar bear and finally a reindeer help her find her way to Santa Claus. Santa gives Anja (the little girl) a magic bell so whenever she's in trouble she can ring the bell and he will come.  The next morning she wakes up in her warm bed holding a magic bell.  

I loved the story because the girl meets Santa.         

Math:
I counted 30 gold bells and made a wreath with them.  We used the bells to make math problems larger than 10.  10 8= 18.  I also used a rule to measure and cut out paper for my paper Christmas tree.  I needed 4 pieces of paper each one inch longer than the first.  The first paper was 2 inches long, I made a 2,3,4,5 inch long paper strips for me tree.

Science:
For Science we learned about Evergreen trees.  Evergreen trees are often used for Christmas Trees.  They not of leaves, needles cones.  Evergreen trees carry their seeds in cones.  We made paper Christmas trees too.

Social Studies:
Not everybody celebrate Christmas, some areas of the world celebrate other holidays like Kwanzaa and Hanuka.  Even people that live in Washington may celebrate different holidays.

Fine and Performing arts:
We listened to lot of Christmas music and learned about some symbols of Christmas to help celebrate the Christmas holiday.  My sister and I did a dance retelling the story of Christ's birth.  I love to dance.  


No comments:

Post a Comment