Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The panic of starting something new

I wanted to create a little place where I can record our daily adventures of homeschooling.  With the panic of beginning something new, I've been worried that I will do it wrong.  But today I got an e-mail for Gwenevere's academic adviser that made me feel like i'm going to be just fine.  Here is the letter

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for following up. It can definitely be stressful and frustrating getting started. You are not expected to hit the ground running. Take it step-by-step and it will all come together, I promise. You will do well.

Regarding Moving Beyond the Page, CVA sends out the literature books and textbooks. MBTP sends out all the lesson guides and other learning materials. The following link will be highly beneficial in getting started with Moving Beyond the Page: http://www.movingbeyondthepage.com/gettingstarted/.  It typically takes about 10 working days to receive all learning materials.

You have deciphered Gwenevere’s Asset page correctly. Once you have all the learning materials you can go ahead and get started. In the meantime, enjoy some informal reading with Gwenevere, take some nature walks, go to the library or engage in other activities that will nurture her love for learning.

I hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment